Help

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 18:47:44 +0200

> "Goredema, Collin" wrote:
>
> Folks,
> I need help printing! I have a RedHat Linux 7.2 box running KDE 3.0.
> At home, I have a network with an HP OfficeJet K60 printer attached to
> a Windows 2000 printer. I am trying to setup my RedHat box to print to
> the Windows 2000 printer, but I am having problems. The problem is
> that when I send a job to the printer, it comes out horribly with
> little squares only and prints out gazillions of pages. Printing works
> from Gnome....

What are you trying to print? From which application? Did you try to
print
to a PS file, then print the file using regular "lpr"? Does it happen
with
any KDE app?

What data format is sent to your printer? PS, PCL? It sounds like your
printer does not recognize the incoming print data (whatever the format)
and just print it as text file.

> What am I doing wrong? I have the cups and cups-libs rpms from KDE 3.0
> installed!

Are you sure KDE is configured to use CUPS (combobox at the bottom of
the
print dialog)?

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM