[Kde-print-devel] Status of KDEprint in 4.0, and offer of help

John Layt john at layt.net
Wed Sep 5 23:29:52 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> > 1) make KPrinter inherit QPrinter (I didn't do it at the time I
> > designed KDEPrint, due to QPrinter limitations; I guess these
> > limitations have disappeared now)
>
> I looked at it some time ago, but I had to conclude that Qt4 hadn't solved
> that problem. Some time after I got too busy with other things (and too
> ill, too), to continue my investigations.
>
> Boudewijn

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Michael, are you able to expand on QPrinters limitations, just at a high level
would do for now.

Boudewijn, can you clarify how long ago this was?  Was it Qt3 or Qt4 you
looked at?  What did you still see as a problem, again just at a high level?

I may not understand your replies, but its good to get it down on 'paper'.

Cheers!

John.