[Kde-print-devel] [GSoC2007 openprinting.org] Update 21 June 2007

Gavin Beatty gavinbeatty at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:25:37 CEST 2007

Hello,

As a Google Summer of Code student working on KDEPrint, I will be
reporting here mostly daily about my progress on interfacing with the
openprinting.org [1]driver database query tool. There is a [2]project
page on techbase, and I will be keeping a [3]blog.

This e-mail is a slight introduction and an update all in one. In
future, updates alone will appear and they will be more
straightforward and to the point.

I have yet to check anything into KDE SVN as I'm reluctant to have to
move it again. Where would the best place for this be?
branches/work/kdeprint? playground/kdeprint? I'm quite familiar with
branches in git and Clearcase but best subversion tactics are less
clear in my head :P

Today was spent with idiosyncrasies of KIO. KIO::Job and KJob do not
have very well defined roles and either my svn wc or api.kde.org docs
seem out of date as there were many a function mismatch.
Fixed for the most part now.

Next is XML parsing.

Thanks, especially to Cristian,
Gavin