[Kde-print-devel] FW: kdeprintfax: sort adresses by lastname

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 03:57:51 CEST 2007

On 23 April 2007 09:12, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> [...]

This would have to be done, right now, programmatically (by changing the
source code in the kdeprintfax application).

The idea of the fax-addressbook was to filter out from the full KDE
addressbook the items that have a fax number specified.

Perhaps in the future it would be best to directly call up kaddressbook, with
a custom view containing only entries having fax numbers. And since
kaddressbook is deeply and thoroughly configurable, it would set put your
problem.

I'm sorry to say that there is no immediate solution beyond writing code.

You might want to file a bug report to bugs.kde.org (the kdeprint product)
with the wish that you just expressed.

I'm confident that this task could be despatched as a "junion job", to be
quickly solved by a student willing to learn KDE coding.

The eventual solution wouldn't appear before the next main KDE release though
(which is projected for the last quarter of this year).

Thanks for your attention.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org