[Kde-print-devel] Start job

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Dec 28 08:29:23 CET 2006

On 27 December 2006 17:01, Camenzind Roman wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I would like to hack something for you but I do not know where to start.
> Could you someone give me a job?
> I have a lot experience in C++ and did some KDE patches.
> I like your little print system and on your web page it is written you need
> some help so I decided to help you guys.

Hello Roman

Welcome to the KDE printing development. Thanks for your kind offer of
participation.

There is a lot of work to be done on KDEPrint, both for bug fixing and for
bringing code up to level for KDE-4.

You might want to start by looking at the bug reports at

http://bugs.kde.org/query.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&product=kdeprint&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&newqueryname=kprinter+bugs&tofooter=1

and find ones that you can fix by looking at and understanding the code in

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeprint/

and

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs/kdeprint

Some documentation for how to start and how to  get involved/accustomed with
our collaboration mechanisms can be found here:
http://developer.kde.org/

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org