ADMIN: What's on topic and what's not.

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Fri Feb 20 08:45:54 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:09:14PM +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2004 20:38, David Faure wrote:
[..]
> > Other off-topic threads, with the right list for them:
> > * sysadmin requests => sysadmin at kde.org
[..]
> I would like to propose to add this email (maybe in a condensed and a
> bit more formal form) as "KDE Mailing List Policy" to
> http://developer.kde.org/policies/index.html.
>
> We might want to also add a word about cross-posting.

Yes, I would find such a mailing list map of where to talk about what very
helpful. Not only to have something to point people to, but also for my
own reference (there are so many lists, I'm often in doubt where to send
something).

In particular, a more detailed explanation on what sysadmin at kde.org should
be referenced for would be highly interesting. Unlike kde-multimedia et al.,
the name is not very illuminating since one does not know what "sys"tem is
being meant, whether one's problem affects that system, and whether it's
something the administrators of that system can fix or not (or whether I
can do it myself). What I know about sysadmin I found out by trial and
error. :-}

- Frerich

--
if new true friend not protected for explicit private union, break
case and try using this.