Icon Removal (was: Re: Icons in kdelib)

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Sun Oct 5 13:15:27 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 18:18, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
<snip>
> Can someone send me a list of icons that kmail uses from kdelib? Not
> only can I fix the current problems that I have caused but it would
> help me avoid such problems in the future as well.
<snip>

Sorry, but they're too many. Use the source, Luke! If you're looking for
filesys-* icons, I'd suggest looking in libkdenetwork/kfoldertree.{h,
cpp} first.

@policies-list:

Removing icons from kdelibs is a bad idea. Even if you check all the
users of icons in KDE CVS (which you obviously did not do), that still
leaves third-party software unaccounted for.

Icon removal should be considered equivalent to removing kdelibs methods
or classes: You can't do that in a stable series and if you do it for
KDE 4, you have to document how to do the porting.

Marc

--
memAlloc() Amnesia Error: Out of Memory