Unresponsiveness (was: Re: violation of GPL for solaris binaries)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 3 00:38:24 CET 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 00:27, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> [Stefan Teleman]
> > [...] To this day, i have not yet received an answer.
> >
> > I have sent patches via email to a few kde members. These patches
> > never made it anywhere. So, at this point, i am very discouraged
> > about this whole thing, [...]
>
> Stefan, I often experience similar unresponsiveness when I contact the KDE
> sysadmins about topics that are important for the KDE Accessibility
> project.

He said "a few kde members", what's the relation with sysadmin@? You're mixing everything.
The right place for portability patches is kde-core-devel, not the inboxes of
a few developers who won't know what to do with patches about code they have
never seen before. If you send stuff to the wrong place, don't complain.

> Just write a second, angry mail, and people will suddenly react.
No need to be angry. A friendly reminder is enough, when something has been
overlooked.

> I also had to send several mails to sysadmin at kde.org before I received my
> CVS account.
I remember there was a mistake in the handling of your account, but this is
definitely NOT the general rule.

> My brother Gunnar also experienced this unresponsiveness: He sent an
> enquiry to sysadmin at kde.org asking why he was deprived of access to the
> KDE Accessibility mailing list administration. He is official maintainer
> of that list, so it obviously must have been a mistake. We didn't receive
> any answer yet.
And I haven't seen that mail at all. I just did a search through the list, and
there's no such mail. Most sysadmins are volunteers, and still all requests are
handled. I find your complaints very unfounded.