FLA

Waldo Bastian kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:57:50 +0100

On Thursday 06 February 2003 16:31, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> but at the amount of people who by
> political reasons reject to add this clause to their code it seems to be
> even more unlikely to get everyone to agree to add this clause.

I think it leads to a very murky licensing situation when people include GPL
licensed code in code that is licensed "GPL+Qt-exception". That either
constitutes unlawfull relicensing and/or the exception part is void from that
point on. Given the average (lack of) licensing-awareness of KDE
contributors, I think this is bound to create problems down the road because
of the lack of distinction between GPL and GPL+Qt-exception.

Instead of GPL+Qt-exception it might be clearer to use QPL or BSD instead.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com