KDE Policies to commercial apps/distributions

Simon Hausmann kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:51:12 +0100

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:29:05PM +0300, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> |  Personally I have no objection to these companies, I think it's nice to
> | see how these companies use the freedom that they have with KDE. I also
> | think it helps to promote the qt/KDE API in general somewhat.
>
> I wouldn't have any concern if they use KDE 3.x series (instead of KDE 2.2.x),
> and took care to install XFree86 and Qt correctly, so that anti-aliasing is
> enabled, and fonts rendered anti-aliased.

I'd say it is their best freedom to choose whatever KDE version they
want and set up XFree as they want. I could imagine that they
decided for the non-AA setup because of the lack of good TT fonts
they could distribute on their CDs? Just a guess though. In any case
I don't see how a KDE policy would help here... Do you?

Simon