BlueCurve (Was: Voting rights - the GNOME way)

Waldo Bastian kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:35:52 +0100

On Saturday 23 November 2002 00:18, Rob Kaper wrote:

> On Friday 22 November 2002 23:49, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Fre, 22 Nov 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > Well, those things sort themselves out.
> >
> > Do they? there is this guy wanting to import BlueCurve fork into KDE CVS.
> > Personally I don't think its a a good idea, but we have no policy for
> > that upon which we could reject it (like: it will only cause us trademark
> > trouble)
>
> Solution: ask Red Hat if they would object (if the trademark issue is the
> only thing that matters).

RedHat's position is rather clear IMO, they object to anyone other than RedHat
using the name BlueCurve but if you rename it to something else it can be
freely distributed, after all it's GPL'ed, no?

BlueCurve is in gnome CVS under the name Wonderland.

Cheers,
Waldo