This list (was: Security Policies)

Harri Porten kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:34:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> I would like to propose that this list should be restricted to "KDE
> Developers/Contributors" and that, till we have better defined who
> that are, use "having a .kde.org address" as criteria. (I think
> that's backwards, because I think that being a "KDE
> Developer/Contributor" should warrant having a .kde.org address and
> not the other way around but we need to bootstrap somehow.)

Good idea. I'll try to formulate an announcement tonight or tomorrow and
post it here for reviewal.

> Based on a previous thread on kde-ev-membership and inspired by the
> Debian constitution, I had the following idea for a KDE organization
> structure. It tries to solve questions like "who are KDE
> developers/contributors" and how can KDE as a whole adopt policies.

Make sure not to waste your energy until more people have joined the list.
Should we set up an archive ? Most importantly I hope that we'll be able
to produce some papers for publicization(sp?) on www.kde.org, though. The
Developer Guidelines discussion started in Hamburg and summarized by Chris
would be one of them.

Harri.