This list (was: Security Policies)

Harri Porten kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:48:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, David Faure wrote:

> > Did I understand it right that this list is for discussion upon policies of
> > KDE e.V ?
>
> No. IMHO it should be all policies affecting KDE development.

My opinion as well. In fact, the intention was to have a forum _not_
restricted to Verein members as some topics will benefit from input (and
support) of a broader group of people. While such a list lacks any
decision maker power itself it could help to develop a model for doing so.

> Like those for which I tried starting a discussion: who gets a kde.org address,
> how do we elect a release dude, etc. The existing "KDE packaging" policy
> could have been done here if this list existed at the time. And then the
> security policies belongs here.

Yes. I just don't know whether the possible variety of topics will be of
interest to everyone. Oh well, time will tell.

The first policy to be discussed might be the policy of this list itself
:) That means subscription rules for example. As the membership list was
readable anyway I allow myself to list it here:

bastian@svn.net
cmdebets@gmx.net
degrande.jeffrey@skynet.be
faure@kde.org