Thoughts on when to put/remove applications to/from CVS

Michael Brade kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:25:57 +0100

--Boundary-02=_ldHA+OZHkpjJjc5

Hi,

> 1) The author must consent to the inclusion
> 2) KDE as a platform must benefit from the inclusion.
> 3) The application must be "worth" a translation, i.e. it must be
> technically possible to translate it. This includes documentation.
> 4) It should "fit nicely" into KDE, meaning look&feel, use of KDE core
> techniques (ioslaves, parts etc) where applicable.
> 5) It must be maintained and development progress and process must be
> visible, i.e. it should be actively developed using the KDE CVS.
> 6) there must be a team of developers working actively on the application.
> There need not be a dedicated maintainer.

> 7) developers must be willing to accept the dictate of the KDE release
> cycle
Which is one of the most important points IMHO. BTW, my feeling is: upto 7 =
the=20
higher the number the more important a point is :-)

Additions:
8: (a) it should not duplicate another app already in CVS or
   (b) the other app should be removed from CVS or moved to kdeextragear-X.
9: the app should be targeted at many people (a negative example: kpovmodel=
er)

Ciao,
=2D-=20
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'
  =B0--web: http://www.kde.org/people/michaelb.html

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience