March/April KDE PIM summary blog post

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Thu Apr 27 16:27:50 BST 2023

Hi,

# Pim6
The kf6 branch was created for each pim* components.

All Qt5 specific code was removed.
Now pim* compiles against qt6.5 without deprecated methods.
We sync master branch in kf6.
Some bugs were fixed and now kmail/knotes/akregator/etc. can be use.
It’s still experimental, a lot of crash was reported.

# ktextaddons
A new version was released 1.3.0.
A new lib was created «textemoji» which allows to select unicode font emoji.
Originally it was a code from kpimtextedit, it was extracting and split as
Core/Widgets. This lib can be use in the future in QML too.
This widget can support custom emoji too (for example gif image)

Autocorrection was split between code/widget too.
It can be use in QML too

# kmail

Undo send notification was rewriting. Now we can show «to» info and «title
info»

Some bugs fixed:
* Fix 466931: Custom Message Aggregation Modes are not shown in Message List
preferences until restart
* Fix Bug 468801: org.kde.pim.mimetreeparser: unknown mimetype «text/x-moz-
deleted». Remove unused warning
* Fix 467034: libksieve/src/kmanagesieve/session.cpp assigns password to
username & gets logged.
* Fix467291:  Switching Folder List layout causes messages in message list to
disappear

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel: France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, http://www.kdab.fr