March/April KDE PIM summary blog post

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Apr 27 08:09:32 BST 2023

Hi,

# Akonadi

The SQLite support has been improved by enabling the WAL mode and disabling
shared cache mode. I also removing old legacy code implemented to support
ancient versions of SQLite. The intention is to remove the custom fork of the
QSQLITE SQL driver that we had for over a decade, and make SQLite the default
database backend in the near future. (Might be worth mentioning that FreeBSD
has already taken the hint [0]).

A potential crash on shutdown has been fixed (BUG: 462692) as well as a curious
race condition that was causing instabilities in our test suite.

# KOrganizer

Fixed some smaller issues in KOrganizer:

* it's now possible to copy events from read-only calendars (BUG: 415774)
* KOrganizer won't crash when you drag and event out side of the events view
(BUG: 461413)
* Adding a new iCal calendar should now sync properly (BUG: 425460)

/Dan

[0] https://euroquis.nl//freebsd/2023/04/24/akonadi.html