September/October KDE PIM summary blog post

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 16:30:37 BST 2022

Hey,

fix 441214: Use QtKeychain to store the SMTP password ( not only read it via
QtKeychain and store it via KWallet).  Unfortuantely QtKeychain is missing an
API to know, if there is a proper security backed available to remove last
direct usage of KWallet (https://github.com/frankosterfeld/qtkeychain/issues/
224)

Start to improve the crypto bits in messagecomposer. I already wrote an blog
post https://blog.sandroknauss.de/overhaul-encyption-support-in-kontact/ with
images and video ( not everything is merged yet, as I still want to improve
some bits.

Christian Schoenebeck make it possible to resend an email you opened via
(kmail --open <file>). Useful if you want to sent mails generated by any other
program, that has not access to SMTP.

regards,

sandro