Building kitinerary in the PIM docker

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Mon Feb 28 19:44:50 GMT 2022

Hey,

as the kdepim docker is based on Neon, that is based on Debian.
There are different things you can do to fix it. As Neon build the master
branch you can check Neon, if a package is building successfully:
https://build.neon.kde.org/job/focal_unstable_kde_kitinerary_bin_amd64/

than you are able to run:
apt update
apt build-dep kitinerary

and this will list and install all dependencies needed to build the package.
Keep in mind it will also try to install other kdepim dependencies. But it is
great to look up a specific package name.

Another way is to look at the control file (Build-Depends):
https://invent.kde.org/neon/kde/kitinerary/-/blob/Neon/unstable/debian/control

And than the Debian KDE Packaging team also are confronted very often with
these questions, so we automated it by creating a YAML file (by hand) to look
up CMake Target and their corresponding Debian packages:
https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/pkg-kde-jenkins
-> hooks/prepare/cmake_deps.yml

used by
-> hooks/prepare/cmake_update_deps

[salsa is currently not available, that's why I cannot give you the concrete
links]

(QMLPrivate is not listed so it does not help in this case). But we are happy
if this file gets updates etc. via MRs ;)

Regards

hefee