Building kitinerary in the PIM docker

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Mon Feb 28 17:39:34 GMT 2022

On Monday, February 28, 2022 10:28:19 A.M. CST Volker Krause wrote:
> On Montag, 28. Februar 2022 13:48:04 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Montag, 28. Februar 2022 05:25:49 CET Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> > > I'm trying to build kitinerary master with the PIM docker image,
> > > but the build fails.  The error.log file ends with this:
> > > ===========
> > > -- Configuring done
> > >
> > > CMake Error at src/lib/CMakeLists.txt:7 (add_library):
> > >   Target "KPimItinerary" links to target "Qt5::QmlPrivate" but the
> > >
> > > target was
> > >
> > >   not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an
> > >   IMPORTED
> > >   target, or an ALIAS target is missing?
> > >
> > > ===========
> > >
> > > What's missing?
> >
> > The private headers of Qt QML are missing in the image. You can
> > install them in the running Docker container. (I cannot tell you
> > how because I don't know what distribution the image is based on.)
> > The downside is that anything you install in a running Docker
> > container is lost as soon as the container exits (unless you do
> > some trickery with mounting a local directory).

Ingo, the PIM Docker image (https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Docker) is
based on Neon, and uses a host directory so `apt` installs persist.

> That would be my understanding as well, OTOH I do see
> "qtdeclarative5-private- dev" listed in
> https://invent.kde.org/pim/kdepim-docker/-/blob/master/ Dockerfile,
> which sounds like exactly that package...
>
> Regards,
> Volker

qtdeclarative5-private- dev is installed.

Is this a cmake configuration file problem?  It's amazing how little I
understand about cmake, but I did try adding "QmlPrivate" to the end of
the statement
    find_package(Qt${QT_MAJOR_VERSION} ${QT_REQUIRED_VERSION} REQUIRED
    COMPONENTS Gui Qml)
in the top-level CMakeLists.txt.  That just caused the cmake error
messsage 'Could not find a package configuration file provided by
"Qt5QmlPrivate"', and I haven't found a package that provides the
required configuration files.

I have attached the cmake.log that results from running
`kdesrc-build --refresh-build kitinerary` in an unmodified checkout of
kitinerary.  Error.log is identical.