November/December KDE PIM summary blog post

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Dec 30 13:44:56 GMT 2022

Hi,
During this two months I mainly worked:
- KF6/Qt6 porting (port deprecated methods)
- Fix kmail bug Fix bug 462492  Identity with CC Addresses starts composer
without To: field
- Fix bug 462492  Identity with CC Addresses starts composer without To: field
(bug 462492)
- Fix Kontact configuration, overview, modules not displayed for selection (eg
mail, notes, calender ...) (bug 463390)
- Bug kmail: Remove info about removed feature (ShowUserAgent) (bug 448348)
- Bug kmail: 459399 Fix Random text in kmail's message list configuration
settings
- Bug Kmail: Fix bug 460289:  Opening the detailed progress window does
nothing

I fixed dialog save/load size in high screen.

Otherwise I worked a lot to create separate code for:
- PimAutoCorrection lib
- PimGrammar lib
- PimTranslator lib
- KpimTextEdit TextToSpeech lib

I reduced all dependancies, I fixed all bugs, I implemented new features:
- for example PimAutoCorrection uses now libreoffice autocorrect files (save/
load)
- I added several translator plugins
- I improved TextToSpeech lib (optimize code + add Qt6 support).

Next step (that I started) is to create a kf5/kf6 framework which has all
these libs. => it will be separate from pim* and it will be used by others
apps.

(at the moment ruqola uses duplicate code as it’s not separate. I hope to
create new repo next months. Autocorrection is already done).

That’s all for me.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel: France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, http://www.kdab.fr