Premature version bumps and bugzilla versions

Heiko Becker heiko.becker at kde.org
Tue Sep 7 22:00:36 BST 2021

Hello Laurent, hello PIM people,

it recently came up that akonadi is missing its 5.18.0 version in bugzilla.
This happened because akonadi's version was increased on 09 Aug [1], while
the release happened on 12 Aug. Which is also when I ran the script to add
the bugzilla versions, explaining the missing 5.18.0 (5.18.1 was added
instead).

I would appreciate it, if the versions weren't increased until the official
release has happened. Not only because of the mentioned problem, but it
would also mess up possible respins, especially with KDE PIM's tight
versioning.
The dates can be found on https://community.kde.org/Schedules.

Regards,
Heiko

(Please keep me CC'ed, I'm not subscribed)

[1]
https://invent.kde.org/pim/akonadi/-/commit/6a455dad3862cc8b1b3798747d038502501433b3