Why can't invent's CI build eventview's release branch?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Sep 4 20:13:22 BST 2021

Am Samstag, 4. September 2021, 18:59:19 CEST schrieb Glen Ditchfield:
> Eventview's release/21.08 branch builds successfully in Jenkins
> (https://build.kde.org/job/Applications/job/eventviews/), but not
> in invent.kde.org.  The most recent attempt at the moment is
> https://invent.kde.org/pim/eventviews/-/jobs/128298
> which fails during compilation:  one error message is `expected class
> name`.  It seems to be objecting to `CalendarSupport::PluginFactory`,
> which puzzles me, because calendarsupport's release/21.08 plugin.h does
> declare `PluginFactory`.
>
> Could invent be using a broken version of calendarsupport?

Given this is the build of eventview stable/release branch, those items in the
cmake log are suspicious:
"
 * KF5PimTextEdit (required version >= 5.18.40)
 * KF5IdentityManagement (required version >= 5.18.40)
"
which are indirect dependencies, so something wants the latest development
version here.

I suspect that KDE Gitlab is currently not really configured to support both
main/development and stable/release build setups for the pipelines, so it
might be unclear what is in the build cache and from which branch. (beware, me
no clue about gitlab CI things)

AFAIK KDE's gitlab CI is currently still in experimental state and so far was
only targetting KDE Frameworks for test runs, the gitlab CI config files added
for PIM products was not yet done in collabiration with sysadmin, was it?

Guess we should ask sysadmin to tweak off time to do an official update where
we are, so we are not in the dark as we seem to be now (and could help to go
to the light).

So, dear sysadmin :), could you please do a short status update e.g. to the
community ML, to tell where we are, where things are tracked and who could
help with what to progress here?

Cheers
Friedrich