HTML messages not displaying content.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon May 17 20:14:18 BST 2021

On Montag, 17. Mai 2021 19:30:04 CEST Colin Close wrote:
> Hi,
> OpenMandriva Lx is currently
> using Version 5.17.0 (21.04.0) of kmail using the following libraries KDE
> Frameworks 5.82.0, Qt 5.15.3 (built against 5.15.3), The xcb windowing
> system.

How did you get hold of Qt 5.15.3? :-) The most recent public release of Qt is
5.15.2. Apart from that I'm using exactly the same versions but on openSUSE
Tumbleweed.

> There appears to be an issue with displaying html mails.
> All that is displayed of an html message is '</> 0' at the top of the
> message box and a little further down a '0' and that's it. All html
> messages show the same behaviour. Plain text displays without issue. If you
> open the message you get the same result; using view->source shows the html
> so the message is intact it's just not being rendered. Any ideas how I
> might debug this?

Try running kmail with additional debug output by enabling some logging
categories, e.g.
org.kde.pim.mimetreeparser
org.kde.pim.messageviewer
org.kde.pim.webengineviewer
org.kde.pim.messagecore
by setting the QT_LOGGING_RULES like this
QT_LOGGING_RULES="org.kde.pim.mimetreeparser.debug=true;org.kde.pim.messageviewer.debug=true"

I'm not really sure whether any of those categories will give you useful
information.

You may also try building kmail and its pim-related dependencies without any
patches added by OpenMandriva (if they add patches).

Regards,
Ingo