May/June KDE PIM summary blog post

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Jun 29 06:08:57 BST 2021

Hi,
During this 2 months I worked on several features/bugs/migrate code:
As usual I continue to preparing porting to kf6, => I removed some deprecated
methods.
I modernize cmake code too (use more target centric code)
I ported to new KrecentFilesMenu (store settings outside rc file)

I added support for "Honor KDE Kiosk setting lineedit_reveal_password” so we
will see password in lineedit if kiosk doen’t forbid it.

Otherwise I add support for new Hamburger widget (in kmail/korganizer/
kaddressbook/sieve-editor/kontact)

In akregator I implement (as in kmail), load or not external reference.

In kmail in search line edit I implemented “save filter” so we can define a
specific filter. It’s useful when we want to same filter in another folder or
another day.

At the moment I work on a new plugin which verify that we don’t support
specific mail. Sometime we remove a lot of mail and forgot to check that it’s
an important mail. In 21.08 we will be able to create some rule which will be
check before removing them.

PS: I added some screenshots

Regards

--