How to use Akonadi::ETMCalendar?

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Wed Feb 17 12:23:50 GMT 2021

Hello all,
I'm trying to figure out if using Akonadi and the PIM libraries is viable
for usage in Plasma Mobile. As a sort of proof of concept, I'm trying to
build a simple calendar application using QML and Kirigami. For the moment,
I got a simple month view working using a simple KCoreCalendar::MemoryCalendar
loaded from a vcal file. I'm not trying to get the same QML components to
load a calendar from an Akonadi::ETMCalendar. This turnout to be more complicated.

My code is compiling but no events are displayed. calendar->events() give me
an empty vector. I tried to look into Korganize source code but I'm not sure
what I need to change. I guess it has something to do with the checkableProxyModel
but after using a KViewStateMaintainer<Akonadi::ETMViewStateSaver> to save the
checked state, it doesn't work.

Could someone take a look at my code and help me figure out what is wrong?
The code is here: https://invent.kde.org/carlschwan/kalendar. Warning it's not
pretty since my first goal is to see if loading/saving calendars from Akonadi
could work :p

Regards,
Carl Schwan
https://carlschwan.eu