July/August KDE PIM summary blog post

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Aug 25 19:05:23 BST 2021

Am Montag, 23. August 2021, 17:51:42 CEST schrieb Volker Krause:
> If you have contributed in July or August, a quick summary of your most
> noteworthy changes would be helpful, bonus points for corresponding
> screenshots or links to existing posts. If you noticed something noteworthy
> during the past two months,feel free to add that as well of course!

Two changes which seem noteworthy from here:

## KMail Account Wizard

Fix to 21.08:
* Ensure that all created resources & agents first store the new settings data
before reconfiguring themselves, so the data is available to everything
reading it directly from the storage

(hm, libraries so far had not been covered if I saw, so what to do about the
next?)
++ PIMCommon Library

Fix to 21.08:
* CreateResource class: ensure that all created resources & agents first store
the new settings data before reconfiguring themselves, so the data is
available to everything reading it directly from the storage

And while I seem to have made lots of other commits, there are no individual
ones which feel highlightable from my side, as they are only interesting to
the PIM developers if at all. Perhaps a general comment in the section of
"Kontact" (which seems to be a generic one, not actually about the shell app
Kontact?) could mention something about

"Existing unit tests across the different projects are being revisited and,
where needed, are brought back in sync with actual code, to restore their
purpose of catching regressions."

Though I still would opt for not yet mentioning unit test work and wait until
hopefully before end of year all are back to working.

Cheers
Friedrich