July/August KDE PIM summary blog post

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Aug 23 18:49:07 BST 2021

On Montag, 23. August 2021 19:34:45 CEST David Bryant wrote:
> On Monday, August 23, 2021 10:53:05 AM CDT Volker Krause wrote:
> > Secondly, we need help with compiling, editing and eventually publishing
> > the blog post. The original idea was to rotate between a number of people
> > so that ideally everyone has to do that only once per year or so. This
> > hasn't really worked that way recently, I ended up doing this for the
> > past few posts, so someone other than me stepping up to help would be
> > very much appreciated!
>
> I can help with writing / editing. I'm not sure about publishing. I have
> written many web pages in html. But I'd need some help with getting it on
> the right server, etc. Would you rather have it in html? Can you use a text
> file, and add the markup later? Is it OK if I use the html from your last
> post as a template? That might make it easier for you.

That probably depends on who is going to publish it, in my case the input
format is Markdown. But doing the markup is the smallest part of the work, so
plain text is perfectly fine, but I can work with whatever you have :)

> I'll get something written up in the next day or two, and send it around for
> feedback.

Great, thanks for stepping up!

Usually it takes a day or two until we have gotten input from everyone, and
I'd aim for publishing mid next week, so that still leaves us a couple of days
to prepare this.

Regards,
Volker