Rethinking the KOrganizer reminder daemon

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Thu Aug 19 17:51:27 BST 2021

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 5:47:24 A.M. CDT Volker Krause wrote:
> (B) UX: the main UI is a big dialog popping up in the middle of your screen.
> We nowadays have a much more powerful desktop-wide notification system
> supporting grouping, interaction, priorities and various inhibition
> mechanisms, which would be better suited for this.

Personally I'd be happy to receive all reminders as notifications, provided
that the notification stays on screen until I explicitly do something to close
it.  I hope that that is possible, but none of the notifications I get now
behave that way.  If the notification appears and disappears while I'm not
paying attention, it's not fit for purpose.