IMAP troubleshooting

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 08:38:47 BST 2021

[In future, please use the kdepim-users mailing list for questions regarding
the usage of KMail. The kde-pim mailing list is intended for discussing the
development of KDE PIM applications.]

On Montag, 5. April 2021 17:21:21 CEST klaus-dieter.fietze at bluewin.ch wrote:
> I wonder if someone can help me troubleshooting my kmail IMAP account.
> Actually, my account on imaps.bluewin.ch was nicely running for years until
> something happened a few weeks ago. Since then, I am desperately trying to
> reconnect to my mail account in vain. My parameters and credentials cannot
> be wrong since they work with Thunderbird. I suspect Akonadi to hide old
> settings deep down in one of its databases. I am sure I could solve the
> issue by installing a fresh Tumbleweed system but this would not prevent
> other users from running into the same problem.

Do you use a proxy? If yes, then check the settings of your IMAP account. I
think recently an option was added to tell KMail whether to use the system
proxy settings for connecting to the IMAP server.

Regards,
Ingo