KMail configuration

David Bryant davidbryant at gvtc.com
Sun Nov 29 21:56:53 GMT 2020

I'm still working on the documentation for KMail, which is about seven years
out of date.

In the configuration dialog, "Security" page, "Reading" tab there are two new
URLs. I can guess what these options are about, but I haven't actually been
able to get them to do anything I can notice. Whether they're set on, or off,
KMail acts the same, so far as I can see. Maybe I don't have the right data
for testing these options. I do get plenty of tracking URLs in some email
newsletters I receive regularly, but I don't see where KMail is doing anything
special with them.

Can anybody explain what these two options do? Do they actually work? Or do
these two options control some new features that aren't quite operational yet?
Any insights would be helpful. (I'm currently on release 5.15.3 / 20.08.3,
which was just installed last Thursday.)

Thank you.
--
David Bryant