Major deserialization issue in release/20.12 git branch

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Nov 26 14:34:40 GMT 2020

On jeudi 26 novembre 2020 00:36:54 CET David Faure wrote:
> On mercredi 25 novembre 2020 23:46:21 CET Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > do you have the corresponding version of akonadi-calendar as well?
>
> Yes, `kdesrc-build kde/pim` updates and rebuilds all pim repos.
>
> > 20.12 only has the compression disabled, but all the code is still there
> > and will decompress that data if it detects they are compressed (even if
> > compression is disabled), exactly to cover the case of those who used
> > development versions of Akonadi where the feature was enabled by default
> > for a while.
>
> OK.
>
> Does the debug output look like it doesn't know how to decompress data?
>
> The corresponding code is in libKF5AkonadiCalendar.so.5.15.90?
> Or a plugin?

I just tried re-creating an icaldir resource, in the hope to get non-compressed storage instead.
Same results.
If I create a new event in korganizer, it crashes.
After the usual
   parse error from icalcomponent_new_from_string. string= "Ê\u001C\u0001."
and deserialize() errors, it ends up with
 ASSERT: "item.hasPayload<KCalendarCore::Incidence::Ptr>()" in file /d/kde/src/5/kde/pim/akonadi-calendar/src/incidencechanger.cpp, line 251

I tried checking if the unittests pass in akonadi, a lot of them fail, but this seems unrelated:
 60/138 Test  #60: akonadi-mysql-testenvironmenttest ...........Child aborted***Exception:   0.15 sec
Akonadi::Firstrun::Firstrun D-Bus lock acquired, pending defaults: (...)
ASSERT: "Akonadi::ServerManager::hasInstanceIdentifier()" in file /d/kde/src/5/kde/pim/akonadi/autotests/libs/testrunner/setup.cpp, line 30

Help would be very welcome, I lost access to my work todo list
(a directory of ical files isn't really easy to filter by hand...)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5