Gitlab Tips&Tricks ( Was: Transition to Gitlab Complete)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon May 18 14:04:26 BST 2020

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 12:39:29 PM EDT Allen Winter wrote:
> sudo pip3 install git+https://invent.kde.org/jbbgameich/git-lab
> for more info: https://jbbgameich.github.io/misc/2020/04/16/git-lab.html
>
> % git-lab --help
> usage: git-lab [-h] {mr,diff,checkout,patch,list,feature,login,search,fork} ...

To setup you need to "login" with your tokens
first, get your token:
  go to https://invent.kde.org/profile/personal_access_tokens
   * provide a name.  I used "kde"
  * select all the Scope checkboxes
  * click the "Create personal access token" box
 *  copy the resulting token string

now run these from the command line:
 % git-lab login --host invent.kde.org  --token <token>
 % git-lab login --host anongit.kde.org --token <token>

I anticipate lots of fixes coming fast for git-lab so you'll need to upgrade quite often.
% sudo pip3 install --upgrade git-lab