D29698: Fix autotest koeventpopupmenutest

Glen Ditchfield noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 13 21:27:52 BST 2020

gjditchfield added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mlaurent wrote in koeventpopupmenutest.cpp:222
> Indeed it's define here but I think it's not real useful to test text directly.
> Testing objectName is more logical as previously.

Perhaps the entire defaultMenuEventVisible() function should be deleted?

The old code checked that the "create note" and "create todo" items were visible, but createTodoFromEvent() and createNoteFromEvent() have already tested that.  The old code also tested that the "create event" item exists but is **not** visible -- that is an implementation detail of KOEventPopupMenu, and seems like a poor test to me.

I added tests for the existence of the current default menu items, because I thought it was in the spirit of the old code, but my new tests don't check that the items actually **do** anything, so they are nearly pointless.

I'd like to delete both defaultMenuTodoVisible() and defaultMenuEventVisible().

REPOSITORY
  R210 KOrganizer

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29698