D29030: AppArmor DBus rules for AkonadiServer

Lukáš Karas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 08:41:33 BST 2020

lukaskaras added a comment.

  > - kcrash and drkonqi - this only happens, if Akonadi crashes and it does not crash for me yet - fully accepted

  You may try to abort akonadi server by command:

  killall -s ABRT akonadiserver

  it should trigger Dr Konqi for your akonadiserver process

  > In the end we have those two modifications `/usr/share/mysql/**` and `@{PROC}/[0-9]*/stat` that I do not get, why it does not explode for me.
  >  So I want to understand, why you need such stuff and I don't:
  >  @lukaskaras:
  >
  > - Do you use MariaDB or Mysql?

  I am using MySQL 8.0.20.

  from /usr/share/mysql/charsets/README:

    Index.xml
        The Index.xml file lists all of the available charset configurations,
        including collations.

        Each collation must have a unique number.  The number is stored
        IN THE DATABASE TABLE FILES and must not be changed.

        The max-id attribute of the <charsets> element must be set to
        the largest collation number.

  and from configuration I just found this path:

    mysql> show variables like 'character_sets_dir';
    +--------------------+----------------------------+
    | Variable_name      | Value                      |
    +--------------------+----------------------------+
    | character_sets_dir | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
    +--------------------+----------------------------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

  It is possible that MariaDB store these files somewhere else...

  > - Do you test a new installation or running an existing one?

  It is existing installation. For clean installation, I would need to seetup virtual system...

  > Both are points that already made in the past big difference for AppArmor profile and may explain the difference.

  Understand. There is always possibility that I made some configuration change that I forgot.

  > @lukaskaras - I'm very sorry that I am such an nip-picker on this issue. I hope you understand, that AppArmor only gives us more security, if we only allow the needed stuff. I see that it is your second proposed patch on Phabricator - and than such a hard one, that keeps you busy for a long time - I hope I do not scared you off from this team because of my reaction. I hope you still will propose more patches, normally patches get merged without such a lot discussion. I really enjoy that others enable AppArmor and also proposing patches and also like the really detailed answers from your side.

  No problem, I am patient :-) It is more frustrating when you spend few hours with patch and receive reply at all... I am happy that akonadi project is alive and has active community...

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29030