D29416: Show all available holiday regions

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 00:08:12 BST 2020

knauss added a comment.

  In D29416#665213 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29416#665213>, @winterz wrote:

  > Ideally "German (German) - Feiertage fur Deutschland (Bayern)" would become  tr("Germany/Berlin (German)")?
  >  I don't think we need to see "Feiertage fur Deutschland"

  "Germany/Bavaria (German)" would be the translation for that.  "Germany/Berlin (German)" would be the holidays for Berlin.

  I think to have access to the description somehow is very helpful, as it may be not clear what is included in a calendar. So I see for Sweden, that "flag days" are included in that calendar.

  But why not simply change the name for those holidays? I checked Plasma settings I see that UK and Australia just named calendars like "England and Wales", "Queensland" or "Nothern Ireland", so they workaround this issue by having unique names. Also Sweden has the names-day calendar with a unique name. So it seems that not everyone is on the same page, that name should only reflect the name of the country. So why not do the same for Germany  rename the calendars and add  note at the documentation, that names need to be unique?

  renaming the description to "Feiertage für Bayern" this also would improve the readability in Plasma settings, if the description does not repeat the countries name.

REPOSITORY
  R210 KOrganizer

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29416