D29291: [KJots] Provide explicit "Save" action

Igor Poboiko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 2 16:00:08 BST 2020

poboiko added a comment.

  In D29291#660208 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29291#660208>, @dvratil wrote:

  > Hmmm, one option could be to add QEventLoopLocker into ETM to keep QApplication alive until the job in ETM has finished?

  I've just tried it with the following patch:
  F8278565: eventloop-locker.patch <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8278565>

  There is an issue: ETM is created with `KJotsWidget` as a parent, so when we call `quit()`, we destroy everything, including the model.
  It eventually forces us to release the lock, even before we catch the `result()` signal from the job.

  However, KJots does save last changes with this patch, which is weird.
  Probably that buys us just enough time so the job at least fires and reaches the server...

REPOSITORY
  R573 KJots

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29291