contribute kde

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 10:02:35 GMT 2020

On Thursday, 19 March 2020 01:16:36 CET Konrad Czapla wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Konrad!

> My name is Konrad and I come from Poland.
> I love programming in C++, and I want to increase my programming skills,
> that's why I would like to contribute to KDE.

That's great! Welcome :)

> I have dilemma with choosing project to which I could join, I am looking
> something beginner friendly. Is KDE-Pim good at start ?

KDE PIM is a bigger and a bit more complex project than most other KDE
projects but that also means that there's a lot of room for small bugfixes and
improvements :)

> I would like to start by minor bug fixes, but I don't know  on which issue
> I can start working.
> Can someone give me some helpful tips ?

The best course of action is to read up on KDE PIM development [0] and KDE PIM
in general [1]. If you are using KDE PIM/Kontact there might be some small
issue that annoys you or a missing feature that you'd like to have - that's
always the best starting point, to scratch your own itch :) If you have such
an idea we can help you to find the right place in the code base where you
should look.

If you are simply looking for some task to do, you can skim through the list
of Junior Jobs  [2] and pick one. You can also just go through the Kontact UI
and find small issues in the UI, like missing margins or icons, mis-aligned
controls etc.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here :)

/Dan

[0] https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development
[1] https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/
[2] https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kde_pim_junior_jobs/

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683