T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 23 21:12:10 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  It's quite lovely! Much more aesthetically attractive than the current icon. However I fear that the recognizability as being a text editor has been lost; nothing about the icon connotes that it's for a text editor, which is compounded by the fact that the name "Kate" doesn't suggest that either. "KWrite" does though.

  This is not a huge deal as many other apps have the same thing going on. But it's something to consider.

  The icon should be submitted to the Breeze icon theme rather than renaming it in the code and changing the name you refer to it with. That breaks all 3rd-party icon themes (which I guess was the point, but is not so nice :) ).

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243