DBus version on the CI

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jan 4 18:45:08 GMT 2020

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 7:40 AM Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Ben,

Hi Dan,

> could you please check what version of DBus daemon is present on the CI SUSE
> builders? Is it using dbus-daemon or dbus-broker? I recently ported some
> Akonadi parts to QDBusServiceWatcher and the tests suddenly started failing as
> if Akonadi wasn't properly notified. Everything works perfectly on my system
> and few others I tried, so I'm wondering if there's maybe some very old
> version of DBus on the CI that's causing the wildcard arg0namespace watch
> registration to fail...

Fortunately for Linux it is relatively easy for people to check what
software (and the versions thereof) we have available as the images we
use are uploaded to Dockerhub.
If you have Docker installed locally you can pull kdeorg/ci-suse-qt512
to retrieve our Qt 5.12 Linux image.

Alternatively, you can also review the build logs at
https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/job/Docker%20Generate%20SUSEQt5.12%20Image
A quick search through that log reveals the following:

Retrieving package dbus-1-1.12.12-4.3.x86_64 (398/767), 250.1 KiB
(648.9 KiB unpacked)
Retrieving: dbus-1-1.12.12-4.3.x86_64.rpm [done]

So it looks like we have DBus 1.12.

> Thanks,
> Daniel

Cheers,