KMail is a state-of-the-art email client that integrates well with widely used email providers like GMail

jvapr27 at gmail.com jvapr27 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 05:42:13 GMT 2020

Hey all!

I love KDE apps! I understand that a lot of you are doing this on a
volunteer basis, so please do not feel like I am not appreciative of
this.

What I was wondering is why does it say this on the website:
https://kde.org/applications/internet/org.kde.kmail2

"KMail is a state-of-the-art email client that integrates well with
widely used email providers like GMail. "

Yet, when I attempt to add Gmail to the Kontact/Kmail, I get this image
below.

I imagine a response that may say that I need to enable less secured
applications as a work around. However, this does not seem to me that
Kmail/Kontact "integrates well "  when Gnome/Evolution seem to connect
just fine without that warning.

I know this has been an issue since at least summer 2019 if not before.
Do you know if there has a been any progress on this?

thank you!

j.varela