Autocrypt internal data in Akonadi

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sun Aug 30 23:40:50 BST 2020

Hey,

I want to implement [Autocrpyt] support in KMail. I need to store the internal
state of Autocrypt per peer. But I'm not sure what is the best way to do it.

The data I need to store is per email address [1]:
* last_seen (timestamp)
* autocrypt_timestamp (timestamp)
* public_key (public key material)
* prefer_encrypt (boolean)
* gossip_timestamp (timestamp)
* gossip_key (public key material)

All those data need to be updated, when a new email is processed.

Okay the one side I already quite familiar with to write a plugin for
mimetreeparser to extract the data to push them datastore.

But what is the datastore? A new autorcrypt resource and implement the new
data as AkonadiAttribute? The AkonadiAttribute is the better solution, as this
allows that resources, that they can support to sync this data in future. Or
use a Contact Resource and overload KContacts:Addressee to store the data in
the X-AUTOCYPT-BLABLA and use Akonadi Search to index this resource to find the
correct entry to update, when processing the mail. But both seem not fitting
100%, so maybe you have better ideas, how to store the data in Akonadi.

hefee

[Autocrpyt]  https://autocrypt.org
[1] https://autocrypt.org/level1.html#id71