Question regarding KDE PIM resource development

Shashwat Jolly shashwat.jolly at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:37:30 BST 2020

Hey everyone!

I have been developing a new resource for natively integrating EteSync
into KDE PIM. I was mostly focused on feature implementation till now,
but testing has revealed some shortcomings in the resource. As I am
quite new to PIM, Akonadi, and KDE in general, I had some questions,
listed below:

1. Does KAddressBook let you add new address books to an existing account?
For me, both, my resource and the Google resource fail to create new
address books, and give me a "Duplicate Entry" error from the database
(Error log - see [0]). Not sure what's wrong.

2. Adding todos to calendars seems possible in KOrganizer
When adding a new todo, it offers a list of all the calendars and task
lists available - it should ideally only show tasks lists, right?
Again, this is the same case for my resource and the existing Google
resource.

3. If something in the itemAdded(), collectionAdded() (and similar
signals) fails, can we remove the event or collection from showing up?
Right now, if it fails, the item or collection stays visible there.

You can see the code for the new resource here:
https://invent.kde.org/sjolly/kdepim-runtime/-/tree/etesyncResource/resources/etesync

[0] https://pastebin.com/0TeWueUm

Thanks,
Shashwat Jolly