D29107: [KJotsEdit] Reimplement ancient (yet still relevant) workaround for QTextEdit

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 22 21:35:15 BST 2020

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  You say "The format does not seem to exist before the first character" and yet that's exactly where you're moving the cursor.
  The code looks ok to me, but the comment is confusing/wrong.

  It's just about setting the format of the cursor from the first char. I agree that it's probably a bug that setDocument doesn't trigger that, but I'm not sure the old bug report reference still makes sense here, it feels like a different issue to me (the comment and old workaround says "there's nothing at pos 0, go to pos 1 to grab the format"). Unrelated to your issue and fix.

REPOSITORY
  R573 KJots

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29107