D28704: Handle all Qt command line options (--help-all)

Yichao Yu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 9 16:37:08 BST 2020

yuyichao added a comment.

  That's possible. This appears to be added (back?) with https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/commit/?id=341c8b9cd08 last May which is newer than the 5.12 branch point it seems. My `kalarm --help` (as well as most other KDE/Qt programs) shows (a variant of),

    Usage: kalarm [options] [message]
    KAlarm

      -h, --help                         Displays help on commandline options.
      --help-all                         Displays help including Qt specific
                                         options.
      -v, --version                      Displays version information.

  which is why I was surprised that `kalarm --help-all` throws no error and just starts normally as if I've passed in nothing. I assume your `--help` does not include a `--help-all` option. Searching the doc this appears to be added in 5.14. 5.13 doc <https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.13/qcommandlineparser.html#addHelpOption> doesn't have it. (Qt doesn't seem to have a stable link for the latest specific version so https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qcommandlineparser.html#addHelpOption should show the 5.14 doc before 5.15 is released)

  Thinking about it, I think this is an argument to use `process` instead of handling it manually. Qt clearly make changes to what builtin options there are....

REPOSITORY
  R205 KAlarm

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28704