D24302: Ignore Reply-To when replying to your own messages

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 30 15:32:25 BST 2019

knauss accepted this revision.
knauss added a comment.

  It took me a while to understand, what you want to solve. I also needed to read some documentation to those mail headers:

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2076
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2369
  https://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html
  this suggest, that we should also support `Mail-Reply-To`, if reply-to-author is used.

  I would appreciate, if you can rewrite your commit message to make it more easy to understand other than the commit message I'm fine with the patch.

  Did you seen https://www.leptonite.org/mft/software.html?

  Here my approach to have a better commit message:

  If you reply to an email, that is sent by yourself, the replySmart, needs to ignore Reply-To header, otherwise it sends an email back to yourself.
  This is not what you intend, when you reply to a mail sent by yourself you normally expect to create a followup and send a mail from yourself to the previous recipients.

  To follow the best practice, we should use the order `Mail-Followup-To`, `Reply-To` and afterwards `From`. For more inforation look at https://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

BRANCH