M155: KMail revamped

Marijo Mustac noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 24 08:05:51 BST 2019

mmustac added a comment.

I never thought I would get such a bunch of feedback, wow :-D

@gjditchfield: I am no expert regarding this topic. I could make the box point upwards but even when such an email would contain something to imitate those box it would appear twice wouldn't it ? One generated from kmail as header + separator to the body of the email and one from the email itself as so it should be a warning to the user?
As I am no developer I cannot say anything to the "Reply all" topic but for me, it would make sense to show it separately, maybe only when the mail has more than one recipient ?

@jamesth: I would say it should only count the latest email and nut all emails before from the same conversation. But this is only my opinion.
As @dvratil pointed out already you can customize the layout and displayed column in kmail all to your liking I just took the screenshot from the website and modified it a bit.

@marten: It was just a small addition I find could be useful to some people. I saw such an information now one some blogs and/or on some newspaper portals online and quite liked it. I agree with you that this could be rocket science to get a really correct number but my experience is, if a piece of news told me I would need 5 minutes to read it, it took me also 5 minutes in the end :)

All: Thanks for your great feedback.

MOCK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/M155