M155: KMail revamped

James Thornber noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 23 15:05:28 BST 2019

jamesth added a comment.

could we perhaps have both showing at the proposed location? i.e. size, reading time (e.g. 35Kb, 1mins to read)

Is there a reason why kmail doesn't have message size showing in the top message section, or is it simply for asthetic reasons?

Going off on a slight tangent here, but how will the reading time be calculated?  let's imagine the following scenario:

I write an email to someone using kmail, and kmail determines the reading time for the addressee to be 1 min. The other participant responds to my original email and their answer is determined to be 1.5 mins of reading time.  Will the calculation in my email mailbox be 1mins + 1.5 mins = 2.5 mins, or will be reading time be 1.5 mins - as I already know the content on my original message.

Hope that I'm making some kind of sense!!

MOCK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/M155