T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Mariusz Glebocki noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 5 23:47:26 BST 2019

mglb added a comment.

  In T10243#202901 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243#202901>, @alex-l wrote:

  > As I said in another comment an example of problem in Inkscape is ">" symbol in Konsole 48x48px icon.

  Works OK here (Inkscape 0.92) - `>` is normal editable patch, with gradient recognizable by inkscape.

  > Btw those scripts are just to save package's size, there is no point to run them after installation, also because SVG icons are rendered once and then stored in the cache, so there is any advantage in making them optimized but reducing loading time for the first time the icon is shown.

  I forgot about caching. s/install process/packaging process/ - but I'm not sure cutting 1MB from something downloaded usually every few months is worth it.

  > If KDE wants their apps to have an identity, and this is what someone expressed in this thread, we can't ship just generic icon. In fact I see Konsole used without Plasma in /r/unixporn posts on Reddit.

  Yakuake/Konsole, 2 types - with full identity, and "generic looking but different than utilities-terminal":
  F7524018: konsole-icon.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7524018>

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243