Problem building kdepim-addons in a KDE PIM Docker image

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Tue Oct 1 18:50:16 BST 2019

I use the KDE PIM Docker image, and lately kdesrc-build has been failing when
building kdepim-addons.  One of the error messages is

/home/neon/kdepim/src/kde/pim/kdepim-addons/kmail/editorplugins/quicktext/
quicktextplugineditor.cpp: In member function 'virtual
MessageComposer::PluginEditorInterface *
QuickTextPluginEditor::createInterface(QObject*)':
/home/neon/kdepim/src/kde/pim/kdepim-addons/kmail/editorplugins/quicktext/
quicktextplugineditor.cpp:39:43:
error: 'configChanged' is not a member of 'QuickTextPluginEditor'

"kdesrc-build --refresh-build" hasn't fixed it.

 I think QuickTextPluginEditor should be inheriting configChanged from
PimCommon::AbstractGenericPlugin, but compilation is picking up the old
version in /usr/include/KF5/pimcommon/abstractgenericplugin.h instead of the
updated version under /home/neon/kdepim.  I think it's picking up /usr/
include/KF5/messagecomposer/plugineditor.h, too.

Is the build configuration looking for include files in the wrong places?
Is there something I should do to install files into /usr?