Disabling akonadi test runner infrastructure across all repositories

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 10:44:38 GMT 2019

On Saturday, 16 November 2019 07:02:04 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,

hi Ben,

> For some time now the Akonadi Test Runner infrastructure has had
> issues on the CI system where it will fail to properly shutdown the
> akonadiserver (and associated subprocesses) that it starts up for
> tests.
>
> This leads to jobs on the CI system becoming indefinitely stuck as
> CTest will wait indefinitely for subprocesses spawned by tests to
> exit. This in turn requires manual cleanup.
>
> Tonight jobs for kdepim-runtime and akonadi itself both required
> manual assistance to complete. Other PIM repositories have in the past
> required similar assistance.
>
> Given that the issue is not limited to a single test or repository,
> i'd therefore like to propose no-oping the entire CMake macro
> responsible for the akonadi test runner framework and disabling all
> tests that make use of it globally across all repositories until this
> issue can be rectified.

Disabling the tests that launch Akonadi server internally should be possible
by setting these CMake options in affected repos:

    -DAKONADI_RUN_MYSQL_ISOLATED_TESTS=FALSE
    -DAKONADI_RUN_SQLITE_ISOLATED_TESTS=FALSE
    -DAKONADI_RUN_PGSQL_ISOLATED_TESTS=FALSE

It's possible that there are some repos where this options are not honored, so
should it look like setting those options had no effect, please let us know and
we'll make sure the repo is ported to the correct CMake macro so that the
options have an effect.

Regards,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683